" At the beginning of each new semester or school year, teachers are faced with the challenge of remembering names for a large number of new students. Design an experience to help an educator match faces to names, with the goal of shortening the time needed to reach complete un-aided accuracy. Provide a high-fidelity mock for at least one step of this experience."
I interviewed Sarah and Linda blah blah blah
- Really enjoyed research and interviewing. I became more aware of the questions I asked and the cadence of my speech after listening to myself.
- I chose to use material design and android formatting so I could make this a learning experience.
- Before I could begin designing one step of the experience, I began creating a product to ground it in. This gave me context for my design but was also a distraction. I spent a lot of time thinking about what other features could be attached that would benefit teacher's needs (for example a way to group faces into seating charts.)
- After testing it on myself, I would have made the subtext larger so the user knows those are the directions to follow.
- If I had more time I would have prototyped it in Principle so I could use animation. I chose not to so animation did not distract from the flow.